Oh, geeze.
When I was younger, Archie Comics were my treat from the grocery store. Recently, I've been picking them up for nostalgia's sake and to check out their "new look" stories. So far, they haven't been that bad.
The latest new look story, however, is ridiculous. "My Father's Betrayal" is about a fight between Veronica and her father over the use of a small forest. He wants to build an industrial park which will provide jobs and a boost to the economy while keeping taxes down. Meanwhile, she wants to prevent her father from doing so all to save the trees.
I know I'm supposed to side with Veronica and all the greenies, but I'm on the side of the father. So far, the story is rather biased towards the greenies. We'll see how it continues in other issues. Kids read these stories and this is just more indoctrination if the story continues to be slanted (as it already is, with the kids of the story being the greenies and the parent being the evil big bad capitalist).
No comments:
Post a Comment