Oh, so this is what SOE thinks girls find appealing in games?
"Healing and Support?" Get real. Girls like to frag too, dammit.
Then, they backpedal. Into saying girl gamers don't play Tauren in WoW because they'll be called cows. Uh, say what? I've never heard of female gamers complaining about Tauren being cows before. Who does this guy talk to? The image-obsessed dead-head girls the media like to portray girls as being? Tauren are a bovine race that's pretty cuddly in terms of looks, by the by. As an aside, most Night Elves I met were played by guys, not by women wanting to look "pretty."
Sexist, then again, sexist. They just can't get their stories straight, even when trying to placate the anger, they still step on toes.
DCU won't be a replacement for WoW anytime soon. Looking at the options, Champions Online is looking like a better superhero contender than DCU online. Maybe it's because it's NOT directly attached to the comics industry, one which has been severely lacking in appeal lately. The comics industry has always been a bit... sexist towards women (to put it mildly) and it's looking like DCU is looking to continue that in their attitude towards their gamer base.
(caveat: I stopped playing WoW a long time ago and have since switched to my favorite MMO, which I really don't play often. Mostly out of protest over not getting Player Apartments even though it would be a simple implementation using an existing system.... but also because the time just isn't there.)
No comments:
Post a Comment