Saturday, April 18, 2009

Tv trivia - Bones

Caveat: Although I'm not a really religious person, I do believe in G-d.

I watch Bones. It's a good show. Mostly. It's saved by the Booth (seems like a conservative Catholic) and Sweets (psychologist ignored by all) characters. The titular character, Bones, is incredibly annoying. I'm pretty sure it has to do with her elitist attitude towards anyone who has faith.

In any case, I turned on the DVR and started watching one of the latest episodes. Body is discovered after making an apparent Virgin Mary in a bale of trash. Booth mentions the Shroud of Turin, which the two "scientists" immediately say was debunked 20 years ago through carbon dating.

nitpick - wasn't that carbon dating suspect because they took a sample from a piece of the cloth that had been re-weaved in more recent times? The re-weaving was documented, right?

Maybe the writers of Bones should do more research before they make unsound statements as to the debunking of religious myths.

No comments:

Post a Comment