Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Tea Party

Went to my city's tea party tonight. It was really great to be amongst fellow conservatives and to hear someone else say what I've been saying since before November. Actually, I've been saying much of this stuff since I was 12.

I still don't understand why we were asked to send postcards to the Congress critters... we all know they can't read. Unless the postcards had pictures on them... I'll never know, though, since they ran out before we reached the postcard table.

Worst part is the news coverage. We had a crowd of 10,000 strong (so estimated the announcer - official estimate is 6k, I guess). Get home, turn on the news, and it's a drive-by reporting on two channels and no coverage on the other two. The actual coverage basically consisted of "some people showed up and had a tax party, back to you, Bob." Upon which, the anchor would make note that it's tax day and here is the location to drop off taxes.

One station interviewed one guy and then immediately interviewed the only O supporter there (who must have left before I showed up - he certainly was not there when I was). This is a courtesy they never give dissenters when liberal causes are being rallied.

Aside from the news coverage, the even was really great. The people were peaceful and we even got the chance to boo our current and former governors. Next time, I'm going with some signs.

No More Taxes!

No comments:

Post a Comment