Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Hide in your bunker!

Received my copy of Fallout 3 yesterday. It's like Oblivion, but set in a futuristic nuclear devastated America.

Good times.

Not sure how I feel about the Enclave, since it's obvious they're the "bad" guys, but they're the remnants of American government? I'll have to find out more before I decide. But still, the one "conversation" I've had with an NPC about the Enclave seemed to be a basically cultish look at Americans. There was no middle option. Only extremes of "total, unthinking loyalty to a government" and "civil disobedience is the best!" I don't like being forced to hold a specific opinion that the game company decided for me. Even if it is about a fake America. I still feel patriotic, even if it's in a game.

The president (dead? don't know, but the Enclave is broadcasting what sounds like old broadcasts from the president at the time) sounds pretty cracked. Funny... he and the overseer of Vault 101 remind me of certain politicians. Not that I'll mention any names.

Personally, the Children of Atom look pretty evil to me. Anyone worshiping an atom bomb seems a bit cracked.

I really prefer playing this game to watching the news right now. There's no way anyone can change my mind and I've already voted. So I'll just pass the time until the 4th. G-d help us all.

Last note: Damn those F***ing Fire Ants!

No comments:

Post a Comment