I haven't had a chance lately to go to the bookstore. Honestly, I don't know how I've survived two months without a fresh book of some sort (well... the online comics help a little bit). Soon, probably after I visit the bank, I'll finally make it down to the store. Is it possible to be so excited at the prospect of reading a new book? I'm already planning what I'll get: Maybe a Stephen King, a Heinlein, possibly try out a Harry Turtledove... who knows. That's in addition to my manwha, manga, and graphic novels that I plan on perusing. Life is lonely without some books by your side. I've learned that the hard way. It's tough enough that I abstained from spending money for a little over two months so I could save up for a Big Thing. I find it funny, though, that I am more excited over the prospect of some new books than over the Big Thing that I sent off for on last Friday. Of course, now I have to decide if I should wait an extra week or what so I can afford both books and dvds. When I ponder these decisions, I am quickly brought back to the fact that soon I will not be able to afford these luxuries, especially once I have to pay rent.
Sometimes, you look down life's path and begin to feel a little depressed. It's likely that this is why I would am very obsessive compulsive about my saving habits. I want to develop a mad money fund, a savings fund, and a bill fund - if only in my head. Soon, I will find a program akin to Quickbooks and get this all sorted out.
It seems unfair that a young person like me has to deal with these issues, but at the same time, I relish it.
No comments:
Post a Comment