I started classes this week. Several years of freedom and I chose to go back to school. Granted, it's not graduate school, but it does involve tests and licensing.
The first day was pretty awful thanks to the kid I now have named Mr. Snuffleuphagus because he spent the entire class snuffling and rubbing his hand all over his face. Ugh. To make matters worse, Snuffles proceeded to flaunt class policy by pulling out his blackberry and sending text messages to someone. Click-click-clickclickclick-click. Really annoying when you're sitting in the back of the room trying to hear the instructor.
By the end of class, I was rageful. Luckily, rage lasts for only a little bit and did not impede any driving abilities.
More lessons learned on first day of class:
1) People talk. Usually, they're helping each other out, so not a big deal. Because of this, one such as I must sit at the front if possible in order to hear and understand instructor. Caveat: since that was the first day, I had to attend orientation, which ran into the starting time of the first class. Thus, only seat available was in the back next to Snuffles.
2) Bring food (especially if you never carry cash for the vending machines). People eating snacks while you have none makes you hungrier. It doesn't matter that you ate before class. You will get hungry. It's a 3+ hours class.
3) Make use of the breaks at least once. A burst bladder does no one any good.
At least for the second class of the week, all of the problems above were avoided and hopefully, will be avoided in future classes.
Second class was less boring.
Very glad that this will only last until May-ish.
No comments:
Post a Comment