Can truly describe my love for Robert A. Heinlein's writing. The first book I read by RAH was "The Door into Summer" closely followed by "The Puppet Masters." I haven't had a chance to read all of his books yet, but I've amassed a small collection during my short life. One RAH novel that I've always wanted to read (for about ten years now, I think) but never got a chance to is "Starship Troopers." Now, I know there was a movie and an animated series with the same name, but they weren't strictly "Starship Troopers" material. Based on, yes, but not that exact story. (Like in the animated series and the movie (I think... I've only seen bits), there were women in combat alonside the men. I don't think there were women in the MI in the book). I'm getting ahead of myself. I finally got to read "Starship Troopers." It seems impossible to describe just how much this book grabbed me. The story, though short, is filled with more lessons than a year in school. My thought is that this book should be required reading for all children, the younger the better. Bedtime story time should be all about this book.
I have never had greater pride and honour for a character. To me, Heinlein captured the essence of what it means to be a citizen. This story was not really an action adventure novel, but a look at philosophy and the nature of being human, of being a part of a society.
No comments:
Post a Comment