Thursday, December 09, 2004

On freedom of religion

As the holiday known as Christmas begins to draw closer, I cannot help but take notice of the blatant disregard of our freedom of religion shown by the educational and governmental systems of the United States. More and more, I see the mention of "G-d" pushed out of any public place. However, it is only in reference to Christianity that G-d is shunned. It seems to me that the seperation of church and state has been taken too far by people such as the ACLU. From where I stand, I see a large discriminatatory campaign being taken up and no one is willing or able to put a stop to it. The point has come where there is a great push to outlaw Christianity. As I see it, were this action to be taken against the followers of Isalm or those of Jewish faith, there would be a grand uproar from the same people who are against those of Christian faith.
Why are they so afraid? I must ask this question because I cannot find the answer by myself. There is now an attempt to erase from knowledge that of Christianity and G-d. Why? What is so terrifying that these people would go to these lengths to not just create a seperation of church and state but to create just the state? Is it because they want total control and see Christianity as the starting point for attack? Once they are finished erasing Christianity, what will they start on next? There has already been a grand moral shift that erased most of the good and polite from this country, if not the world. Now that has been taken care of, so the next natural step would be to go after religion, which promotes upstanding moral behaviour, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment